Small Business Government Resources related to COVID-19
With all of the information coming out about COVID-19 it can be challenging to find credible resources to help small businesses understand the impact and options that are available to support them. We have compiled a list of government resources for employers and employees to understand and navigate issues related to COVID-19.
COVID-19 Information related to Wages, Hours and Leave
- The Department of Labor (DOL) created the Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers
- The IRS created the COVID-19-Related Tax Credits for Required Paid Leave Provided by Small and Midsize Businesses FAQs
- DOL COVID-19 and the American Workplace page. This includes information pertinent to Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), job protected leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and paid sick leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).
COVID-19 Information related to Workplace Safety
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration created a COVID-19 Safety & Health Topic page to provide information for workers and employers about the evolving coronavirus outbreak.
COVID-19 Unemployment Insurance Resources
- The Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration announced the modification of federal law to permit significant flexibility for states to amend their laws to provide unemployment insurance benefits in multiple scenarios related to COVID-19. View a list of state-based Unemployment Resources.
COVID-19 Discrimination Resources
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has created What You Should Know About the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act and the Coronavirus.
COVID-19 Tax Resources
- The IRS established the Coronavirus Tax Relief page to help taxpayers, businesses and others affected by the coronavirus. The IRS provides guidance on the tax credits under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
- The American Institute of CPAs is providing a chart of State Tax Filing Guidance for Coronavirus Pandemic to check on state filing relief efforts.
COVID-19 Business Continuity Resources
- The U.S. Small Business Administration created the Guidance for Businesses and Employers to plan and respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) page.