BenBella Books, April 2009
In these difficult times, it is more important than ever to utilize the principles employed by successful people in every field.
If you get to where you want to be, sooner or later, you will have learned these principles -- but you don't have to learn them the hard way.
You Don't Have to Learn the Hard Way is full of practical, proven advice on every aspect of life:
- Developing crucial and valuable people skills
- Avoiding relationships that can derail your goals
- Mastering the art of financial health through good times and bad
- Finding and keeping mentors who can serve as dependable guides at critical points in your life
- Creating good habits that serve your dreams rather than being a victim of bad habits that destroy them
You Don't Have to Learn the Hard Way is a practical guidebook with useful self-discovery quizzes and wise advice for high school and college graduates that prepares them for the reality check of the adult world.
hardcover | ISBN: 9781933771748 | Publication Date: April 2009
"In his book 'You Don't Have to Learn the Hard Way: Making It In the Real World,' author J.R. Parrish compiles a guide for high-school and college seniors. But I found the lessons to be a refresher course of Life 101 because, come on, we never stop learning."